A critical decision SAP customers have to make early in their SAP S/4HANA transformation will be which deployment option - on-premise, cloud or hybrid model - best fits their existing landscape and organisational requirements.
The key benefits to early planning are:
- Risk Mitigation: Comprehensive planning helps address potential risks upfront and reduces the likelihood of delays and unbudgeted costs.
- Cost Efficiencies: A well-defined strategy optimises expenses and avoids unbudgeted costs and costly and complex resizing exercises at a later date.
- Performance Optimisation: Tailoring infrastructure to specific business requirements leads to enhanced performance of SAP S/4HANA and improved productivity.
- Seamless Integration: Proper planning ensures a smooth integration process and minimizes disruptions and downtime to existing workflows.
Key considerations for SAP customers when designing their infrastructure requirements for SAP S/4HANA, are:
- Selecting the optimal Deployment Model: Deciding between on-premise, cloud, or hybrid deployment requires recognizing that each option has its own set of sizing requirements and considerations.
- Technical Sizing Considerations: Comprehending how future needs and business growth projections compare against existing workloads and the extent to which scalability will be critical.
- Organisational Requirements: Ensuring the chosen infrastructure aligns with security and compliance policies and high availability, disaster recovery and backup needs.
- Utilisation of SAP specific tools: Getting a grasp of what SAP tools can support and when, depending on your starting point, during your migration journey, e.g., SAP Quick Sizer vs. SAP Readiness Check.
Need support defining your deployment options? Xactitud converts complex technical details into succinct and fact-based recommendations based on your preferences and needs, ensuring you make the right decisions. Book a free 15-minute consultation with a Xactitud licensing specialist today to learn more about what options are available to you.